Monday, July 29, 2013

Slowly And Suddenly

God said, “I’m going to do great things that I have never done before anywhere on earth. People will see what great things I can do because I’m going to do something awesome for you.” Now when God uses the word “awesome,” He is not talking about a trickle, a stream or a river of power. He is talking about a flood of favor, a flood of ideas, a flood of healing. It may not look like it in the right now but any moment could be THE moment God decides to do for you what He’s “never done before.”
 
I like how Joyce Meyer puts it, God works in two speeds: slowly and suddenly. It’s in the times of “slowly” that God is lining up all of the right people, circumstances and yes, even trials. The trials are there to prepare us, to strengthen us so we can better handle the promotion coming our way. Without the training and testing, it’s just like at your job, you would never be ready to take over a higher position. God wants to take us to higher and higher levels, to reach our full God-given potential.
 
Then just when you think He must have forgotten all about you, once He’s done tying up loose ends and putting all of the finishing details in place, there’s your “SUDDENLY.” And any moment could be that moment. Any moment, God could do that something awesome, like you’ve never seen before in your life. That thing maybe only you and He knows about, any moment could be your set time to receive it!
 
Now the real question is will you let this seed take root? God wants to do something amazing in your life. Get into agreement with Him and declare, “God, this message is for me today. I’m raising my expectations. I’m shaking off doubt, negativity, self-pity, little dreams and little goals. God, I’m going to believe You for the awesomeness You said You would do for me!” Surrender your thoughts, words and attitudes to Him and open the door for God to do that awesome thing He’s never done before… today could be the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment