Monday, May 19, 2014

How To Talk Yourself Into It


In Genesis 17, when Sarah first heard the news that she was going to have a baby, the bible says it was so unbelievable to her that she began to laugh. She was in her 90’s so it seemed impossible from every angle.

I can imagine her saying, “Abraham, a baby? Are you kidding? I’ve gone through the change of life. That defies the laws of nature.” She was saying, “I’m at a disadvantage. I don’t have what it takes,” belittling herself, discounting herself.

Friend, it’s just as easy to talk yourself INTO something as it is to talk yourself OUT of it. Instead of thinking of all the reasons you can’t accomplish your goal, why your relationship isn’t going to last, why you’ll never get out of debt, start talking yourself INTO it!

Practice saying, “I can do all things through Christ. God is making a way even though I don’t see a way. I’m anointed, equipped, talented, more than a conqueror.” The more you speak God’s word, the more you will believe it.

When you meditate on God’s word and speak it over your life consistently, you will be more open to see it come to pass in your life. Start today by declaring His promises. Feed your faith and move forward into the victory and blessing He has in store for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment