Friday, August 23, 2013

Time-out

I wrote yesterday about how God wants to give you rest and today I still feel like I need to impress upon you how much God wants to refresh and restore you. I know it’s easy to get caught up in the busyness of life but before long your mind and emotions get so frazzled that you can’t even think. Dear, sweet, self-appointed savers of the universe, you need to accept the fact that the earth will continue to spin even if you take a teensy weensy time-out just for you.

News bulletin: God wants you to enjoy your life! That’s why the bible says He sent Jesus not to just save us from our sin debt but so that we might have AND ENJOY our lives. God tells us to come to Him because He wants to take care of everything that concerns us; so that we can find rest and rejuvenation. But of course we must do our part. We have to ask and release the situation(s) to Him, then stand in faith to receive this  promise.

Imagine how you would feel if someone came up to you right now and said, “Give me all of your monthly bills, I’m going to pay them.” You’d get pretty excited, wouldn’t you? I know I would! But this help couldn’t take place until you did your part to actually hand that person your bills. They can’t pay them for you if you never give them over. It’s the same way once we release our cares and concerns to God – He will take care of them but we have to GIVE THEM OVER.

Today, I want to encourage you to truly and completely release your worries to God. Why keep them for yourself to bear alone? God said He would fight your battles FOR YOU. He said He’s going before you, making your crooked places straight. He said He not only knows your needs but has promised to LIBERALLY supply them to you. Seek Him on this and I declare that you will find the rest and peace you’re searching for!

No comments:

Post a Comment