Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Be Still

When was the last time you can remember being still? And I don't mean sitting in traffic or standing in line at the store. Today people are constantly multitasking, trying to do more in less time, constantly seeking information, constantly checking off to-do lists. But in Exodus it says, "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." If we are going to see the Lord fight our battles, if we are going to embrace the victory He has for us, we have to make it a priority to be still before Him.

Being still means taking time alone in the presence of God. I know you think you don’t have enough time in a day as it is but I’m not suggesting an hour or even a half hour. I’m only advising that you spend as much time as possible for you, even just five minutes. Being still just means being quiet before Him, silencing the negative voices in our minds. That's why it's so important to keep your relationship with God first place in life, because the more you know Him, the more you learn to trust and depend on Him.

I personally can’t imagine facing the day without first getting my alone time with Him. Sometimes it’s only a few minutes before I have to rush out the door to work but it’s so worth it! I can always tell a difference when I get more time or less time or no time. It’s a reality check to me because of what an impact I see it has on my whole day. When you get still before God, He infuses strength and hope into you and it carries over into every area of your life. Start today, make the time to get quiet before God. I assure you, you’ll be amazed at how much more peace and confidence you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment