Monday, September 16, 2013

How To Experience Increase From God

Are you feeling stuck where you’re at? Maybe at a job or in a relationship that just doesn’t feel like it’s “God’s best.” Consider this for just a moment, some of you aren’t seeing God’s favor the way you could because you’re not passing the little tests. For Joyce Meyer it was putting grocery carts back when she was done with them in the parking lot. For me, it was traffic. You have to be careful not to let something small keep you from receiving something big from God. 

The bible says it’s “the little foxes that spoil the vine.” God knows that if you won’t honor Him in little things then He can’t trust you with bigger things. If you’re a parent then I’m sure you understand. You wouldn’t give your child a raise in allowance if they haven’t proven they can be responsible with what they’re already getting. We have to learn to be good stewards of what God has already given us before we can expect to see increase.

You have to start disciplining yourself in areas where you want to see improvement. Want financial increase? Begin managing what money you do have more wisely. Want an increase of peace in your relationship? If you’re coupled then you both need to be committed to improving yourSELF. Once you make the honest, consistent effort to address your own issues, growing better as a couple will come. If you’re single, patience my sweet :] Don’t get ahead of God and choose poorly just because you’re tired of waiting. Take it from me, that always ends in disaster. If you’ll trust in Him and let Him take this time to develop your character and improve your relationship with Him and yourself not only will He bring you that special someone but it’ll be more amazing than you ever hoped for!

I mentioned that the area God chose to test me in was traffic. I used to have quite a road rage issue. Realizing this and knowing God didn’t want me acting like a raving lunatic when things didn’t go my way in traffic I finally decided to address it. I put a big sticker on my back window that says, “God’s Girl.” Every time I was tempted to lose my cool in traffic I would just look in my rearview mirror, see that declaration to the world, and it helped me control myself because I really didn’t want to dishonor God by misrepresenting Him.

It didn’t happen overnight but eventually I got to the point that I really didn’t mind the delays. In fact, I’ve come to see them as possible blessings in disguise; saving me from being in an accident up ahead or even just saving me from a ticket. Now I’m the most courteous person you ever want to be in traffic with. I’m the one who lets you ahead of me. I’m the one who stops to let you cross the road. I’m the one who just smiles when someone curses me out, lol.

As a Christian, you are a representative of God. Most of the reason people are turned off by Christians is because they see them come out of church or make that claim and then act the exact same way they do (or worse). Every other word is a curse word, or you gossip about people, or you get drunk at every get-together, or you complain all the time. Ask yourself, are you really doing all you can to improve your situation? If you’ll commit to doing the part you CAN do, God will do the part you CAN’T do. Whether it’s your health, your thoughts, your actions, your money. Think about it, are you managing your life in a way that would cause God to believe you’re ready for increase?

I’ve chosen poorly in the past but at least it’s led to me making better choices now. Not to say I’ve got it all figured out – far from it, lol. I just know I have less struggle in life when I choose to go ahead and pass the test I’m in. I’ve learned the hard way that God is always watching to see if I’m ready to handle the next level of increase and I just don’t want to do anything to put that off. For instance, I can’t complain about being with the wrong person if I chose to ignore all of the red flags He gave me when I began dating them. I can’t complain about being broke if I partied away my bill-money. Know how I prove that having a strong, healthy body is important to me? I put the time and effort into making it so. In the same way, I know if I want to keep my relationship with God strong I have to put in the time and effort.

I want to encourage you to look honestly at what you’re asking of God. Is there anything you’re doing (or not doing) that might be preventing it? The bible says God wants to bless you beyond what you can even dare to imagine! But if you’re not passing the tests at your current level then that’s like asking your boss for a promotion when you have yet to prove that you can handle the position you’re presently in. Do the work to improve as much as you honestly have control over doing so. Decide today to be better, decide to come up higher. Trust that when God sees you choosing to put action behind your words He will unleash favor and increase in your life like you’ve never seen before!

No comments:

Post a Comment