Saturday, September 21, 2013

Unreasonable Reasoning

When things happen in your life that you didn’t plan, do you find yourself trying to reason it all out? I know I’m very curious by nature so I have to be careful about over-doing it, too. I used to be so methodical I annoyed myself, lol. It took time but through learning to trust God deeper it really shaped me into a way more laid back, less anxious person. Reasoning can be an addiction, and at that stage it becomes unhealthy.  

I heard Joel Osteen preach on this one time and he said, “Don’t put a question mark where God has put a period.” Part of trusting God means trusting Him especially when things don’t make sense, and knowing that His plan is always for your good. So stop trying to make sense of everything! The truth is even if you wasted all day and night thinking about it you’ll still never be 100% certain you figured it out.

Did you know that even if the enemy does try to use something to harm you God promised He would step in and ultimately use it for your good? So no matter what your life may look like right now, take heart! Stop worrying and let go of your need to figure it all out. I know it sounds easier said than done but just understand that you’re not going to experience real peace until you let it all go and learn to fall back into God’s protection and direction.

I want to encourage you today, things really are going to work out fine. No, no, don’t argue with me :] Take this as your confirmation, not only is it going to work out for the better but you’re going to be happier than you could’ve imagined with your own reasoning. Trust God, friends, He has a great plan for you and He’s not changed His mind or forgotten about it. Remember that God is in complete control and nothing can derail His awesome destiny for your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment