Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Closed Doors

Things not working out quite like you thought they would? I know it can be confusing, maybe even painful when a door closes. I have intense wants in my heart just like anyone else, but as much as I want what I want my prayer now is that God open the right doors AND CLOSE THE WRONG ONES. He’s the only one who sees the big picture. He knows what you need and how things are going to play out so why wouldn’t you want to trust His judgment over your own? Oh right, because we’re human and we want control and we want what we want… right now, lol.

It took me getting a lot of things I THOUGHT I wanted yet they turned out tragic, in order to develop this particular piece of wisdom. But now, if a door closes, I do my best to fully trust God about it. If my plans don’t work out the way I thought they should I try to remind myself that God has something better lined up. Through getting enough things that LOOKED good to me at first and so I pressed on even though I knew that I knew better and they turned out disastrous, I’ve learned to not get so consumed by a desire that if it doesn’t happen my way I get all bent out of shape.

Maybe you’ve gone through a disappointment or loss recently and you don’t understand it. You could easily become bitter and give up on your dreams. Well, my hope for you today is that you realize God is still very much at work in your life. And what you thought was a setback is going to turn out to be a step up into a new and amazing chapter of your life! Embrace the yes’s AND the no’s. That closed door could be your loving heavenly Parent saving you from terrible heartache.

I want to encourage you to surrender your will to God and trust that if it’s truly a good thing He will arrange it. And conversely, if you don’t get it just remember that He loves you and wants only the best for you – He has BETTER in store! When you release to Him that thing you’re holding onto so tightly, that’s when He’s is going to take you to a higher level you can’t even imagine! Receive it in your spirit right now. Go ahead and get your hopes up. Go ahead and give thanks for the amazing things God is ALREADY working behind the scenes to bring you.

No comments:

Post a Comment